About the Fellowship
Use your skills to create positive impact
The LGT Impact Fellowship Program offers experienced business professionals the opportunity to apply their skills to create positive impact with leading organizations and companies around the world.
During a 12-month full-time engagement Fellows work on the ground with non-profit organizations or for-profit companies from our global portfolios with the aim to strengthen their organizational capacity, thus contributing to their success. This engagement allows Fellows to gain valuable hands-on experience and learn lessons in the field. The Fellowship is part of LGT Venture Philanthropy’s and Lightrock's strategic investment support. Participants work closely with our local teams and important stakeholders, and tap into a global network of peer Fellows. This special setup enriches the experience and enables participants to enhance skills that are vital for the next stage of a purposeful career after the Fellowship.
The role of Fellows
Fellows are seen as a vital part of advancing our mission. They take on distinct roles and responsibilities, commit to clear goals and report on the progress on a regular basis. They typically provide a professional capacity building service to increase the companies’ ability to grow their operations and scale their positive impact.
Fellows strengthen the capacity of organizations and companies by:
- sharing their professional experience
- improving, establishing or implementing systems, processes and tools that are transferable to permanent staff
- apply private sector expertise
- training and coaching local teams
- Fellows are not meant to replace the need for permanent hires, hence succession planning plays a key role in ensuring sustainability of their work.